Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:26 pm   Post subject: Nesting and slide duration

Hi,

I can't get nesting or slide duration to work! I set the nesting in presentation explorer by promoting slides. It nests the slides beautifully in the explorer but that nest doesn't translate over to the menu in my live presentation after I publish. I'm trying to have it nested so that only the presentation section headings are visible until you drill down to the individual sub-slides in each section. You know, a nice small and tidy menu.

As far as slide duration goes. I've set the 'minimum slide duration' in the Publish window to 5 seconds (as a test). I've also tried setting the duration for individual slides in the presentation explorer. Neither worked after publishing. I can click through the presentation at a blazing speed. I'm trying to limit that. But I don't want the slides to advance automatically so I've kept it on 'On-Click'.

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks,

Drew

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Nesting and slide duration

Hi Drew!

Thank you for your inquiry! The first thing I would recommend to try is disabling the Use timings option on the Slide Show tab of PowerPoint.

Once it is disabled only timings set in Presentation Explorer will be used. Please also disable the minimum slide durationoption on the Playback and Navigation tab of the Publish menu, because it's not actually what you are looking for.

In order to limit navigation before user views slide completely I would recommend disabling both On Click and Auto advancement in the Presentation Explorer menu and setting Limited type of navigation on the Playback and Navigation tab of the Publish menu.

Once the settings are set this way, users will not be able to advance to the next slide until they wait for slide's playback to finish.

Profile profile test