Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:40 am   Post subject: Learn E-Commerce - Issue of Free Courses

If e-commerce is enabled for a course, is it still possible to issue a free link to the same course by manually inviting a selected user to view?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:43 am   Post subject: Re: Learn E-Commerce - Issue of Free Courses

Hi,

Thanks for posting here!

A course can either be paid or free so to be able to have both for a single course, you will need to create a copy.
Go to Content, mark selected the module that you'd like to copy and click on the Copy button on the ribbon that appears in the upper part of the page.

Now you will be able to have a copy of the exact same module but with e-commerce turned off.
Btw, same works for learning paths.

I hope that helps.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Learn E-Commerce

Hi Pavel,
Thank you for your reply.
The reason for my question is that we want to use Learn as our online course selling platform but we need to be able to handle the situation where a manager from one of our customer clinics buys a course for their staff. Does the Learn payment system allow “gifting” of courses? i.e. where the course buyer is not the course user.

My idea was that we would invoice these corporate clients separately then manually add the users they had paid for - hence the need to manually issue “free” courses to the users. However, I think having two sets of course content, one free and one paid, would complicate things for us.

Is there a better way of dealing with this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:05 am   Post subject: Re: Learn E-Commerce - Issue of Free Courses

Go to Learning Paths/Content and click on the paid course you'd like to issue for free. Go to the Users tab and now you can click on "Not Purchased" and grant access to selected users that are assigned to this course.
Note that you can only do this for Users. It's not possible to issue a course/module for free to an Administrator.

Profile profile test