Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 am   Post subject: More import options and export option for Quizmaker

Is anyone working on this? I write utilities as needed but it would be great if it were built in to Quizmaker. We have hundreds of questions written as Moodle GIFT format, or Moodle XML. Quizmaker only accepts one import format--Excel xls or xslt. My utility writes a CSV file which is imported into Excel and saved in the only form Quizmaker understands. It is a square peg in a round hole however as if matching has more entries that the Quizmaker format it will not work.

Conversely, once data is in Quizmaker, there is no built-in way to get it out and put in other LMS except to publish as a SCORM. My round about way is to rename .quiz to .zip, extract the quiz.xml, reformat using xslt to Blackboard.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:12 am   Post subject: Re: More import options and export option for Quizmaker

Thank you for your post!
I regret to say this, but we are not working on this feature at the moment, and do not have this on our road-map for current version updates.
Nonetheless, this is considered to be reviewed for the nextgen version of iSpring QuizMaker.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:22 am   Post subject: Re: More import options and export option for Quizmaker

I was just working on the export process today, again. It is ugly requiring the steps rename .quiz to .zip first, unzip, step xsl clean the xml to no embedded tags, final step xhtml via xsl to GIFT. Still better than typing all the info again! Again what I call "tissue ware". Better if built in but we have so many to do.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:47 pm   Post subject: Re: More import options and export option for Quizmaker

@jfeagans

Appreciate your feedback!
I agree that this can be very annoying to do these steps each time you need to export quizzes.
However, all improvements are to be reviewed and scheduled before they are submitted.
We will definitely consider additional exporting formats in the future!

Profile profile test