Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:56 pm   Post subject: Abilities to modify the audio file.

I am using ISpring Converter Pro 8.
Is it possible to add a few features to the audio edit button?
The ability to place the cursor at a point within the audio file and then click on record to insert additional audio. As an example.... The audio is 5 minutes long. Some verbiage was left out at the 2 minute marker. Place the cursor at the 2 minute marker, click the record button (prompt: insert or overwrite). If insert, then the new recording gets inserted at the cursor and the remaining recording gets moved to the right. If overwrite, then the recording continues at the 2 minute marker and overwrites everything from that point on until the stop recording button is pressed.
By having the prompt ask to insert, then the user can place the cursor at a marker, click on record, click on insert and with a muted mic can insert an amount of time for re-recording later.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:29 am   Post subject: Re: Abilities to modify the audio file.

Hello and thank you for posting here!

The explained below sounds a little bit complex.
If you need to record additional audio portion into an existing file, let me suggest that you split the file in the media editor (right click on the clip - > Edit Clip). There you can trim the file and export it to your local drive.
Re-do the changes and select another part of the file, trim and export it as previously said.
This way, you will have a split file. Re-import both parts (which are exported) so that you have a free space for additional record.
Move the cursor to the free space and start record.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Abilities to modify the audio file.

Thank you Vlad, I'll try your suggestion this afternoon.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Abilities to modify the audio file.

Your procedure worked, with one minor hiccup.
The audio tone of the corrected insert was different. I tried changing the volume both up and down to try to match the previous audio but was not able to. So, after numerous attempts, I decided to let it be. It now sounds like the recording was slightly 'highjacked' by the devil on my other shoulder.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:20 am   Post subject: Re: Abilities to modify the audio file.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
I am sorry that this workaround was not a 100% solution.
However, in the Media Editor you can adjust volume to make it equal for all audio files.
In any case, I shared your concerns with our developers to see if this can be improved in the nearest future.

Profile profile test