Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:28 pm   Post subject: QuizMaker point deduction for each attempt to answer a quest

I would like the person taking the quiz to have unlimited tries to answer a question correctly however I would like to deduct points for each time they incorrectly answers the question.

for example: if a multiple choice question has 4 answers and the question is worth 10 points I would like to deduct 3 points for each attempt at answering the question. Incorrectly answering the question 1 time would reduce the question score to 7 points assuming they answer correctly on the second attempt.

Correct on first attempt 10 points
Correct on second attempt 7 points
Correct on third attempt 4 points
Correct on fourth attempt 1

I have already asked support and unfortunately this feature is not currently available however they suggested putting in a request for this feature to be added.

thank you for you help

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:51 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker point deduction for each attempt to answer a q

@dmiksa
Thank you for posting here!
As my colleague has noticed before, iSpring QuizMaker allows you to use Penalties for the incorrect answer:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/display/quizmaker/Question+Defaults
However, the penalties won't help when the user has unlimited number of attempts, because only the successful attempt will be taken into account.
I forwarded your request to our Product Development team for the further consideration. Thanks you for sharing your experience with us, we totally appreciate it!

Profile profile test