Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:58 am   Post subject: Individual points for multiple answer questions

It would be great to have individual points for each answer in a multiple answer question in the drag and drop and the matching up questions as well. It is already implemented in the one question type.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:30 am   Post subject: Re: Individual points for multiple answer questions

Hello and thank you for your question!

The thing is that there may be a great deal of possible combinations, which can be scored differently. It is fine, if you have only three or four pairs to match, but what if you have thirty or forty ones?
This can cause multiple usability problems and was decided not to implement this in the nearest future.

Thank you fro your understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Individual points for multiple answer questions

Hi Vladimir.
I can honestly say that I know absolutely NOTHING about programming, but one of your competitors has implemented this very successfully. Wondershare QuizCreator does all that I have mentioned in my initial post, which seems feasible, because all the data that the program needs to calculate the score, is inserted manually by the user (quiz creator) for each question, as well as individual scores for each answer in a multiple answer question. I'm not sure how it can create usability problems.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Individual points for multiple answer questions

Hello Ronnie,

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, there are many products with similar features. However, they all are different and they work differently.

At the same time, it is difficult to match 40 pairs, as one item can be matched to 40 possible pairs. Thus, we have 40 (items) to 40 (pairs). Which means 1600 possible responses. Can you add 1600 possible scenarios manually and score them manually to get individual marks for each possible combinations?
In other words, you need to add a point value for pair 1-1, 1-2<...>1-40 and so on for 2-, 3-, etc.

Currently, it is difficult to implement this in iSpring QuizMaker. I am sorry for this inconvenience!

Profile profile test