Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:54 pm   Post subject: Info slide on demand

I have case based scenarios for my pathology quiz that I have created on quizmaker 8.7. I have an initial info slide that gives a detailed case summary and then I have a series of questions on that scenario. Now my students sometimes want to see the scenario again after the second or third questrion pertaining to the scenario to get some clues. Is there a way to have a pop up or go back to the info slide for the question and return to the question one was attempting without breaking the sequence. There seem to be no navigation options available when a quiz is published as a stand alone flash quiz

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Info slide on demand

Hi! Thank you for posting here on our community forum.
What do you think about moving the whole case summary into a separate .doc file? That will allow your participants to switch back and forth between the quiz and the summary.

The reason why I'm suggesting that is because any other solution (going back to the info slide in the beginning of the quiz) will be more cumbersome than just moving the information out of the quiz into a .doc file.

Let me know what you think about it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 am   Post subject: Re: Info slide on demand

Dear Pavel,

Thank you for your suggestion of using the case scenario as a separate doc file which is a simple workaround for desktop computers. However, I am using iSpring to create full screen flash exe files that run on touch sceen kiosks. We have put these Kiosks in front of our departmental lecture halls and our museum so that students who come in for a class or to visit the museum have this additional tool. The kiosks that have been installed have only touch interface and no mouse / key board. Switching in that envronment requires a long press to bring up the right click menu options (which I plan to disable in the final production version), then minimise the screen and then switch to the doc file - which is cumbersome and not intuitive for someone who has just chanced up on the system. I want it ot be an immersive experience where I can just put a 'info' button and clicking on that will open up a popup with the case scenario or take you back to the info slide. I have designed most case scenarios to fit into popups that fill about three quarters of the screen space. Not just case scenarios I would also like to have the ability to provide clues on demand for difficult question. In short what I had in mind or would like to know is if I can insert some code or macro somewhere so that I can create action buttons like navigation buttons or info / msg boxes that popup or navigate to a particular slide in the sequence and back. Most of these functions I manage on power point with hyperlinks and macros. How does one do these things in iSpring?

Thank you

Profile profile test