Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:02 am   Post subject: Publish to Flash

Not sure if have been looking in the wrong places, but it seems to me that the publish to Flash has been removed from iSpring QuizMaker. Is there a reason for this, as this was one of the draw cards for me. I create quizzes for my students and send them to the workstation for them to do the quiz. They in turn do the quiz and the result is mailed to me. I can't do that anymore because I now have a bunch of files that I need to send to each workstation because the only option for publishing is HTML. Am I missing something? If the feature has been removed, PLEASE bring it back?!

Regards
Ronnie

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:56 am   Post subject: Re: Publish to Flash

I have since found a workaround. I discovered a program called HTML compiler which compiles the published files into an exe. I still need to try figure out some problems like window size, but at least I get a single file.

Having said that, I would still love the feature to be re-implemented in a near future patch.

Regards
Ronnie Hayes

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Publish to Flash

Can anyone give any clarity or comment regarding this matter?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Publish to Flash

hello Ronnie!

You can learn more about our decision to stop supporting Flash here: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/w ... -to-flash/

I recommend that you look into bringing your quizzes to the web, for example, you can use iSpring Cloud for that, or sending your students zipped HTML docs for them to unzip and take the quizzes.

Hope this helps!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Publish to Flash

Hi Stepan
Thanks for the feedback.

If Flash is dead or dying, why does iSpring Suite rely on it so heavily? Still seems to be going strong from what I can see.... Is there a reason why iSpring Suite can still be "open to viruses, malware and hacking", but iSpring QuizMaker can't be?? Surely these can affect users of ALL iSpring products that use Flash?

Sorry I sound negative, but it makes no sense that something can be bad in one product but good in another... unless I am missing the point entirely?! I really miss the publish to Flash option....

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Publish to Flash

Hi Ronnie!

iSpring does not really rely on Flash for the most part. Some of the iSpring tools used the ActionScript-based interface, but it is not the case in Version 9.
Keep in mind that Flash Player is just a part of the Flash technology used to view Flash-based content in browsers, and there is much more to Flash than that.

Hope this sheds more light on the matter.

Profile profile test