Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 am   Post subject: Protect text content

Using iSpring Pro 8.7 to converter ppt files can't protect text content.
It happens when users open the html5 files in Edge browser. They operate crtl+a and crtl+c, then crtl+v to get the text content. What can I do to protect my text content?

When one hyperlink to another html5 file convertered from iSprint Pro 8.7, even the picture can be downloaded.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:18 am   Post subject: Re: Protect text content

Hello Rachel!

I know a solution for you. Just insert a shape (let's say a rectangle) to your slides and make it no Fill and not Outline. So it will be unseen on your slide, but it will protect your content placed on slides.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:23 am   Post subject: Re: Protect text content

I knew that and followed it. But the issue still happens. Even more, when someone uses the tool "Libreoffice draw", it is easy to get all the content if the html is opened by chrome .

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:06 am   Post subject: Re: Protect text content

Hi Rachel,

It's possible to take everything you see and you hear in your HTML5 code in a browser. This is the feature of the HTML5 format.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:20 am   Post subject: Re: Protect text content

If someone opens the html5 files by browser, then ctrl+s or select all and copy it. You can get the images and contents easily by “Libreoffice draw”. I think the iSpring company should tell us the contents are not so safe.

I recieved an e-mail from iSpring three years ago. It told me the contents are protected.

>>>>> Forwarded As Follows <<<<<

Sent Date: Fri,07 Aug 2015 03:05:02 Asia/Taipei
Subject: iSpring support

Thank you for contacting us. Please find our answers to your requests below:

How can I protect the picture which I used in the powerpoint from copy?

When you publish your presentation, its content is hard-coded, and pictures embedded cannot be copied.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am   Post subject: Re: Protect text content

Hey Rachel,

It 2015, Flash was still pretty popular so that answer was definitely about Flash, not HTML5. And Flash is certainly better in the security aspect, that's true: you can't right-click on an image and save it, can't right-click on an audio file and save it,
but,
If you use the right tools, you can screenshot the image and you can use an audio capturing tool to record the audio and Flash won't help.

So, since this doesn't really protect content, what's the purpose of holding on to an older format (like Flash) that is not really welcome worldwide these days?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Paul

Profile profile test