Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:21 pm   Post subject: Sharepoint 2016 save file instead of showing presentation

Hi,
I am trying to embed a presentation in Sharepoint 2016. I followed the instructions in the "Inserting iSpring Content into SharePoint pages" tutorial", inserted a "webpage viewer" but instead of showing the presentation it opens a pop up aksing if I wanted to save or open the index.html file.
What I tried so far:
I have succesfully embedded the same ispring presentation on a local test-website where it shows immediatley, so I know the file isn't broken. Also the Sharepoint webpage viewer works fine with other webpages, so it really seams to be the ispring - sharepoint integration. When I tried the Sharepoint webpart script editor and embed it with the code I had successfully used on my local website, I run into the same problem as with the webpage viewer. When I tried the Sharepoint content editor webpart the ispring loading sign shows up but turns endlessly, no background or anything.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks alot!
Klean

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Sharepoint 2016 save file instead of showing presentatio

Hello! Thank you for your inquiry.
I would recommend you to try and rename the index.html file to be index.aspx as in some cases Sharepoint requires uploaded files to be of .aspx extension to function correctly as web pages.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Sharepoint 2016 save file instead of showing presentatio

Works, wow, that was easy. Next time I should consider aksing before spending hours in research...

Thank you so much for the quick response!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Sharepoint 2016 save file instead of showing presentatio

Great to hear that! If a question occurs please feel free to send us a message.

Profile profile test